Sibos Geneva 2016: Qumram’s Top 5 Takeaways
Sibos rocked in Switzerland this week. What better place for Qumram to meet many of the world’s leading global financial services providers?
Proud to be part of the Swiss Fintech Corner (at the invitation of Alp ICT, Republic and Canton of Geneva and the Swiss Finance + Technology Association), Qumram met more than 50 financial institutions, over two days.
Here are our top 5 takeaways
- Switzerland is a driving force in FinTech innovation. Perhaps not surprising, given the proliferation of financial institutions in the region. Nevertheless, the overall quality and innovation demonstrated by Swiss Fintech providers was outstanding.
- Compliance continues to be a key driver. “RegTech” (the use of technology to facilitate regulatory compliance) is front and center of the compliance agenda – especially with the revelation that there are 40,000 regulatory changes and inputs every year!
- Compliance of digital business is paramount. Given the Swiss banking location of the event, and the undeniable growth in client demand to engage on digital channels, banks must ensure digital compliance in order to satisfy these needs and grow revenues.
- Operational risk is a real concern. Financial institutions of all shapes and sizes are firmly focused on addressing exposures in order to mitigate loss and increase effectiveness.
- Qumram’s Sibos TV interview. Watch Qumram co-founder Mathias Wegmueller highlight our unique role in helping banks to safeguard digital security, and to protect their customers and employees. Mathias also talks bout Qumram’s expansion beyond Swiss borders, into North America and the UK, and discusses our plans for the future.