Senior JAVA Engineer (Barcelona)
We are looking for a Senior Java Engineer for our core product implementation.
You will be part of an agile team that will grow bigger over time and is fully responsible for their tasks. This includes a tight interaction with product management and customers, and strong involvement in roadmap planning.
We are on the edge of innovation as we need to support the latest best technologies, so there is a lot of room for personal ideas and creativity. As a Senior Java Engineer, you will use your Java experience to build and extend our infrastructure for back-end processing. You will be a fully responsible team member with focus on our Java stack.
Your main responsibilities:
- Designing, implementing and documenting services based on requirements from the customers and as prioritized by the Product Owner.
- Integrating with the available technology stack, process data using MongoDB, ElasticSearch etc.
- Contributing to our platforms, systems and networking infrastructure using your strong background in distributed systems, OS/kernel, network system design, and large scale storage systems.
- Being able to think on your feet and solve any problem thrown at you quickly.
- Being able to guide engineers on the team in writing high-quality and well-designed Python, Java/C++, and shell scripting code.
What do we expect?
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or an equivalent area
- Several years of experience in building solid Java code using best practices like Clean Code principles
- Experience and buy-in with agile processes, especially Scrum
- Very good English knowledge, both spoken and in writing. Our company language is English
- Solid experience with Database technologies, including schema and query design and implementation, indexing, optimizing for speed and memory
- Experience with large, distributed infrastructures is an advantage
- Solid knowledge of linux and git is required.
- We also expect a good knowledge in configuration and setup of Java based systems on Linux.
- Good reliable team player, taking responsibility and with a drive to improve.
- Constantly focus on quality and robustness of code base and propose improvements.
- Good understanding of computer science principles (OOP, Design patterns, algorithms, data structures etc.).
- Good understanding of the full web technology stack is a big advantage (e.g. from browser to data source).
Nice to have
- Experience with Atlassian products is a plus.
We are a super vigorous and accountable team willing to experiment, discover, learn and go beyond, building together our success.
We are visionary people with great belief in the power of creativity, innovation and thinking big. We want to be the best!
We have a flat hierarchy, open and transparent communication and you will find a dynamic environment with plenty of opportunities to create and grow.
In addition, we are located in a beautiful office space in 22@ and close to the Olympic Port in Barcelona.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary + benefits (private health insurance)
- 25 working days of vacation per year (+ 1 additional day every 2 years!)
- Flexible working hours
- International team (now 9 nationalities)
- Coffee, tea, drinks, fresh fruits, cookies and candies at the office
- Picnics at the beach
- You will be allowed to wear your slippers in the office!
Are you curious, motivated and qualified?
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
For further information, please, visit www.qumram.com